Holy Mother of Consolation Knights of Columbus Council 13480 and the Alfred Russell Family each offer a $500 scholarship to a high school senior graduating in the current school year and who is member of Holy Mother of Consolation Parish. Only one application need be submitted for both, and it will be applied to qualifying the applicant for either award. All applications will be evaluated using the same criteria. The monetary award is to be used for post-high school education expenses. The scholarship certificate will be presented in June, normally at HMC's Cap and Gown Mass, on the basis of the student’s participation in and contributions to the parish, school and community.
The monetary award will be presented after the award recipient demonstrates the successful completion of the first semester at an institution of higher learning. The scholarship’s monetary award must be requested, with the proper documentation, by June 1 of the year following the presentation of the award, unless other prior arrangements are made with Council 13480. Otherwise, the monetary award will be forfeited.
The application must be completed and received, via mail, no later than the second Saturday in May.
Applications must be sent via US Postal Service mail to:
190 Meadow Lane
Oregon, WI 53575
. . . . . . . . .
• Application must be type-written except for the signature.
• Application must be signed and dated by applicant.
• Name of post-high school education institution identified.
• Copy of acceptance letter from the post-high school education institution
included, if available
• Participation in Holy Mother of Consolation programs / activities / ministries.
Indicate dates / grade level / awards/ positions held.
• Participation in school programs / activities (curricular and extracurricular).
Indicate dates / grade level / awards / positions held.
• Participation in community or volunteer programs / activities. Indicate sports /
projects / events / dates / grade level / awards / positions held.
• Employment history, if applicable.
• Participation in Holy Mother of Consolation programs / activities / ministries will
have the greatest weight.
• Participation in curricular-extracurricular school activities, community and/or
volunteer programs / activities and employment history will have approximately
equal weights but lesser weight than parish participation.
• Factors such as appearance, presentation, neatness and completeness of
application will also be considered in the evaluation process.
• An evaluation team of several Council 13480 members and Al Russell Family
members will review, evaluate and score the applications. The decision of the
evaluation team is final.
SEE ALSO: Other scholarships available through Holy Mother of Consolation, at: http://holymotherchurch.weconnect.com/grads