Current Minister Schedules:
No schedules available at this time due to COVID. If you are interested in being on a schedule or helping out at Mass, please contact Larry Thelen.
Come share your time and talents with the parish community by serving in the following ministries at our 5:00 pm Saturday Mass, 8:00 am, or 10:15 am Sunday Masses! Schedules are generated quarterly.
- Altar Serving: Boys and girls 4th grade and older can join this ministry after participating in our quarterly training sessions. (Servers only need to attend this session once).
- Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion: Communion ministers need only to attend the diocesan training session to assist Fr. Gary in the distribution of Holy Communion. Parishioners who have received the diocesan training and have served at another Madison diocese parish do not have to repeat the training.
- Lectors/Prayer Leaders: Proclaim the Word and lead the intercessory prayer at HMC liturgies! Members of this ministry will serve in both roles 1-2x/quarter. The LTP “Lector’s Workbook” is provided to all lectors for study and preparation.
- Hospitality Ministers: Be the first person that new-comers to our parish meet as they enter the church! Our hospitality ministers greet parishioners and visitors at the door and distribute bulletins. In addition, hospitality ministers take up the collection and assist with other duties throughout the church year, such as conducting the “October Count”, helping with the annual change of missals, and assisting with Pastoral Council elections.
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word: Leaders are needed for this program that offers our elementary grade children an opportunity to hear God’s word in an age-appropriate setting during the 10:15 am Masses. We offer a training session in the fall to help introduce new volunteers to this special ministry.
- Worship Commission: Parishioners who would like to become more involved in helping plan the liturgical life of Holy Mother of Consolation are encouraged to join this commission. Meetings take place quarterly on Thursday evenings in either Mary’s Room or the Rasmussen Room.
- Art and Environment: Help beautify the worship space and reflect the changing seasons of the church year by becoming involved in this sub-committee of the worship commission. Members are contacted by the Art and Environment chairperson when help is needed.
For any questions or to join any of the above-mentioned ministries, contact Larry Thelen at [email protected] or 608-835-5763 x113.